If you want to be seen online, you need to be on Google Maps. That’s because millions of people use Google Maps every day to find businesses like yours. And now, with the advent of Google My Business, it’s more important than ever to make sure your business is optimised for Google Maps and search results.
Google My Business allows you to create a free business listing that appears on Google Maps and in search results. It’s a great way to increase your visibility online and connect with customers. In this article, I’ll run you through a few simple steps on how to optimise your Google My Business profile for greater visibility.
What is Google My Business and why is it important?
Google My Business is a free platform that lets business owners create a listing for their business. The listing appears on Google Maps and in search results, and it’s a great way to increase your visibility online and connect with customers.
There are a few reasons why Google My Business is so important. First of all, it allows customers to find your business easily. With just a few clicks, they can see your address, hours of operation, and contact information. Plus, they can leave reviews that other customers can read.
Google My Business is also important for SEO (search engine optimisation). When you create a listing, you can include keywords that relate to your business. This helps your business to rank higher in search results, which means more people will see your listing.
How to create a Google My Business profile
Creating a Google My Business profile is simple. Just go to business.google.com and click on the Get Started button. You’ll need to provide some information about your business, including your name, address, and phone number.
You’ll also need to create a profile page, which will be used to display information about your business. This page can include a business description, photos, hours of operation, and contact information. You can also add tags to help categorise your business, and create or respond to reviews from customers.
When you’re finished, make sure to click the Publish button. Your Google My Business profile will then be live and searchable online.
Of course, that’s how it works in theory. In practice, it can be a lot more difficult to get your Business Profile up and running. Unfortunately, resolving these issues can be incredibly time-consuming and complex.
Tips on how to actually set up your Google My Business profile will have to wait for another article – alternatively, you can get in touch with our local SEO provider, who may (or may not) be able to help get your listing validated.
How to optimise your Google My Business profile
Of course, this isn’t a comprehensive list – it can’t be. Optimising your Google Business Profile can be just as time-consuming as optimising your website for SEO. However, here are a couple of helpful tips to get you started.
1. Make sure your business information is accurate and up-to-date – First and foremost, you need to make sure that your business information is accurate. This includes your name, address, phone number, hours of operation, and website URL. If any of this information is incorrect or outdated, it could dissuade customers from doing business with you.
2. Add keywords to help categorise your business – You can also add keywords to help categorise your business. This is important for SEO purposes and it will help your business to appear in relevant search results.
3. Use high-quality photos – Another great way to optimise your Google My Business listing is to use high-quality photos. These photos should be well-lit, clear, and relevant to your business. If you can, try to include photos of your products, services, and store location.
4. Respond to customer reviews – Customer reviews are an important part of your Google My Business listing. Not only do they give potential customers insights into your business, but they also help to improve your SEO. Make sure to respond to all reviews, both positive and negative.
5. Add a business description – A business description is a great way to tell potential customers more about your business. This is your chance to really sell your products or services, so make sure to include as much information as possible.
If you’re looking for an example of a fairly well optimised GMB profile, then take a look at one of my freelance businesses. Kingfisher Content & SEO Wigan is one of my freelance enterprises which is hyper-focused on Wigan and the surrounding areas.
Tips for getting more online reviews
Customer reviews are an important part of your Google My Business listing. Not only do they give potential customers insights into your business, but they also help to improve your SEO. Make sure to respond to all reviews, both positive and negative.
But how can you encourage customers to leave reviews? Here are a few tips:
1. Ask for reviews – One of the best ways to get more online reviews is to simply ask your customers for them. You can do this in person, or you can include a request on your website or in your email signature.
2. Send follow-up emails – Another great way to get more online reviews is to send follow-up emails after a purchase or service has been provided. This gives customers an easy way to leave a review without having to search for your business online.
3. Incentivise reviews – You can also incentivise customers to leave reviews by offering them a discount or free product or service. This could be a great way to increase the number of reviews you receive without having to put in too much extra effort. It’s worth noting, however, that directly buying or attempting to pressure people into leaving reviews is against Google’s guidelines, and could see your listing penalised and your reviews removed.
FAQs about Google My Business
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free service offered by Google that allows businesses to create a profile page for their business. This profile page can include business information such as name, address, phone number, website URL, and hours of operation. It can also include photos and videos, and customers can leave reviews.
How do I create a Google My Business profile?
To create a Google My Business profile, you first need to create a Google account. Then, you can visit business.google.com and click on the Get Started button. You’ll then be prompted to enter your business information.
Can I add keywords to my Google My Business profile?
Yes, you can add keywords to help categorise your business. This is important for SEO purposes and it will help your business to appear in relevant search results.
Can I change my business information on Google My Business?
Yes, you can change your business information at any time. Just visit business.google.com and click on the Manage Profile button. Then, make the changes you want and click on the Save button.
Can I upload photos to my Google My Business profile?
Yes, you can upload photos to your Google My Business profile. Just visit business.google.com and click on the Photos tab. Then, select the photo you want to upload and click on the Upload button.
This article was kindly provided by https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.kingfishercontent.co.uk/freelance-seo/seo-wigan/